Our early childhood program focuses on teaching children through play, exploration, and hands on experiences. Each day finds multiple opportunities for play time with carefully selected toys and activities to enhance a child’s learning.
Students receive daily instruction in language arts, math, religion, as well as social skills and motor development.
- Students are first taught to hear sounds, break words apart, and put them back together.
- Letters are introduced through a letter of the week curriculum. Each week focuses on the sounds and recognition of a letter.
- Teachers share books and stories based on the week’s theme. Students will learn concepts of print as well as practicing retelling and making connections with literature.
- Classrooms are set up to promote conversation and engagement among the students.
- Journal: Students will relay personal information or knowledge on a subject, etc.
- Throughout the year, students work on counting, number and shape recognition and one to one correspondence.
- Centers and structured play opportunities introduce measurement, weight, more and less, sequencing/patterning.
- Students learn prayers such as: Hail Mary, Our Father, Glory Be, Prayer Before Meals, and the Guardian Angel prayer.
- PK4 students attend weekly Masses
- All students learn Catholic teachings in an age appropriate way and work on developing a relationship with God.
- Students hear bible stories and act them out. Stories and videos enhance learning.
- Daily Prayer table.
- We focus on building fine motor skills at the beginning of the year with prewriting activities, progressing to more advanced work such as writing and cutting as the year goes on.
- Through PE, recess, and movement in the classroom, students are given the opportunity to strengthen their gross motor development.
- Students work on taking turns, taking responsibility for items and self, taking care of each other, working in groups, and sharing
- Students are encouraged to work out their problems with other students through conversation. They will build up their vocabulary of feeling words to assist their communication skills.
- We focus on basic school skills such as walking in line, waiting our turn, and adapting to routines.
- Develop empathy - affirmation daily and trait of the month
- Art is embedded into all subjects.
- Students enjoy classes in art, physical education, music, Spanish, and technology.