Our early childhood program focuses on teaching children through play and exploration. Each day finds multiple opportunities for play time with carefully selected toys and activities to enhance a child’s learning.
Students receive daily instruction in language arts, math, religion, as well as social skills and motor development.
- Letters are introduced through a letter of the week curriculum. Each week focuses on the sounds and recognition of a letter.
- Teachers share books and stories based on the week’s theme. Students will learn concepts of print as well as practicing retelling and making connections with literature.
- Classrooms are set up to promote conversation and engagement among the students.
- Throughout the year students work on counting, number and shape recognition and one to one correspondence.
- Centers and structured play opportunities introduce measurement, weight, more and less.
- Students learn prayers such as: Hail Mary, Our Father, Glory Be, Prayer Before Meals, and the Guardian Angel prayer
- PK4 and Kindergarten students attend weekly Masses
- All students learn Catholic teachings in an age appropriate way and work on developing a relationship with God.
- We focus on building fine motor skills at the beginning of the year with prewriting activities, progressing to more advanced work such as writing and cutting as the year goes on.
- Through PE, recess, and movement in the classroom, students are given the opportunity to strengthen their gross motor development.
- Students are encouraged to work out their problems with other students through conversation . They will build up their vocabulary of feelings words to assist their communication skills.
- We focus on basic school skills such as walking in line, waiting our turn, and adapting to routines.
- Art is embedded into all subjects.
- Students enjoy classes in art, physical education, music, Spanish, and technology.