St. Rita Catholic School was established in September 1954 as a parish school staffed by the Felician Franciscan Sisters. Initially, St. Rita housed seven grades in four classrooms. Growing enrollment resulted in an additional four classrooms and a library constructed in 1966-67. In 1995, the gym was completed, and the early childhood wing was established to meet the needs of preschool children, ages three and four. St. Rita is still located in east Fort Worth, where it originally began, and continues to serve students as it has done for over 60 years.